tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

+8
vista
macinBlack
itunes
irun
beholland25
idog
iphone
robin
12 posters

Tony Fadell ("Father of iPod") Leaves Apple

robin
    robin
    Saiyan

Tony Fadell ("Father of iPod") Leaves Apple Empty Tony Fadell ("Father of iPod") Leaves Apple

Post by robin Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:06 pm

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/11/04/tony-fadell-father-of-ipod-leaves-apple/

The Wall Street Journal reports that Tony Fadell, the senior vice president of the iPod Division at Apple, is leaving the company for personal reasons.

Fadell has been credited as the "father" of the iPod and also was part of the team involved in the development of the iPhone. According to a 2004 Wired profile, Fadell was an independent contractor and hardware expert who came up with the idea for the iPod and eventually approached Apple:

"Tony's idea was to take an MP3 player, build a Napster music sale service to complement it, and build a company around it," Knauss said. "Tony had the business idea."

Knauss said Fadell left Philips and set himself up as an independent contractor to shop the idea around. Knauss said Fadell approached several companies and was turned away by all of them, except for Apple.

As an interesting historical footnote, Fadell approached and briefly worked at RealNetworks before he joined Apple, suggesting that the iPod's history might have been dramatically different. Apple released the iPod on October 23rd, 2001. The iPod is credited for much of Apple's financial success over the following years.
    iphone
    Saiyan

Tony Fadell ("Father of iPod") Leaves Apple Empty Re: Tony Fadell ("Father of iPod") Leaves Apple

Post by iphone Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 pm

i hope the best for him
    idog
    idog
    Saiyan

Tony Fadell ("Father of iPod") Leaves Apple Empty Re: Tony Fadell ("Father of iPod") Leaves Apple

Post by idog Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 pm

yeah, without him, there would be no ipod
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by beholland25 Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:32 am

yeah, its sad he has to leave but i am sure they will be in good hands.
    robin
    robin
    Saiyan

Post by robin Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:36 am

i hope so
    irun
    Super Saiyan
    Super Saiyan

Post by irun Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:12 pm

beholland25 wrote:yeah, its sad he has to leave but i am sure they will be in good hands.
    are you in good hands?
    itunes
    itunes
    Saiyan

Post by itunes Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:03 pm

haha, that's allstate's stand
    macinBlack
    macinBlack
    Saiyan

Post by macinBlack Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:43 pm

yep, how good are your hands
    vista
    vista
    Saiyan

Post by vista Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 pm

maybe he'll go work on the zune now
    littleMac
    Saiyan

Post by littleMac Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:06 pm

haha, i highly doubt that
    mbp
    Saiyan

Post by mbp Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:38 am

you never know
    tiger
    tiger
    Saiyan

Post by tiger Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:45 pm

even i have to say, i highly doubt that
    roran
    Saiyan

Post by roran Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:58 pm

oh well

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:07 am