tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

+5
clark
itunes
roran
Arya
superman
9 posters

Judge Orders Apple's New Hire to Stop Work

superman
    Saiyan

Judge Orders Apple's New Hire to Stop Work Empty Judge Orders Apple's New Hire to Stop Work

Post by superman Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 am

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/11/08/judge-orders-apples-new-hire-to-stop-work/

The drama continues for Apple's new employee Mark Papermaster who recently took a job at Apple to replace Tony Fadell. The transition has received more attention than usual due to a lawsuit filed by IBM.

Papermaster was said to have a non-compete agreement in place in which he agreed not to work at a competitor for a period of one year following his employment at IBM.

A new report reveals that a District Court judge has now ordered Papermaster to immediately stop work due to the possible violation of the agreement. Papermaster has argued that IBM and Apple are not competitors. Apple has said they will comply with the court's order but "are confident that Mark Papermaster will be able to ultimately join Apple when the dust settles".

Papermaster was hired at Apple to replace Fadell as senior vice president of Devices Hardware Engineering. Fortune provides a detailed timeline of the events of Papermaster's recruitment. Steve Jobs was said to have offered Papermaster an offer he couldn't refuse, a "once in a liftetime opportunity". Papermaster accepted the job offer despite a significant counteroffer from IBM.
    Arya

Judge Orders Apple's New Hire to Stop Work Empty Re: Judge Orders Apple's New Hire to Stop Work

Post by Arya Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:02 am

wow, thats crazy. so, now he isnt working at all. I would guess that after a little time he will begin working for apple again. I wonder what kind of deal, Jobs offered him.....it must have been great.
    roran
    Saiyan

Judge Orders Apple's New Hire to Stop Work Empty Re: Judge Orders Apple's New Hire to Stop Work

Post by roran Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:53 pm

yeah, i guess he'll have to wait a little while before he can work. I can only imagine what kind of deal Jobs offered him.
    itunes
    itunes
    Saiyan

Post by itunes Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:27 pm

i'm he will start working soon
    roran
    Saiyan

Post by roran Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:35 pm

itunes wrote:i'm he will start working soon

what?

please work on your typing
    Arya

Post by Arya Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:25 pm

yeah i am sure it was a lot....makes me curious.
    clark
    Saiyan

Post by clark Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:03 pm

it had to be
    bigMac
    bigMac
    Saiyan

Post by bigMac Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:29 pm

i don't think papermaster would just switch to apple for nothing, apple had to pay him big bucks
    ac/dc
    ac/dc
    Saiyan

Post by ac/dc Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:14 am

i agree with that
    clark
    Saiyan

Post by clark Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:47 am

well of course
    Arya

Post by Arya Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 am

yeah thats definitely true.
    vista
    vista
    Saiyan

Post by vista Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:56 pm

i wonder if he'll have to wait a full year to work for apple
    ac/dc
    ac/dc
    Saiyan

Post by ac/dc Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 pm

that would suck for apple, maybe they can work this out quickly and get him working in a few months or so
    hdtv
    Saiyan

Post by hdtv Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:18 am

maybe, but it's not looking good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:02 pm