tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

+2
tiger
madden
6 posters

Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through So

madden
    madden
    Saiyan

Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through So Empty Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through So

Post by madden Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:00 am

Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through Software Update

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/11/14/original-macbook-air-capable-of-4-finger-gestures-through-software-update/

Hardmac points back to a post made in our own forums which details the experience of one user enabling four finger gestures on his 1st generation MacBook Air.

Quote:
    I can confirm the four finger gesture is possible on pre-October 2008 laptops, and I currently have four finger Exposé and Application Switching working on my January 2008 MacBook Air.

This method is very much a "hack" at this time and is certainly not recommended for the casual user, but does suggest that Apple could enable the four-finger gestures on early 2008 MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs through a simple software update.

When Apple introduced the new notebooks in October, they introduced a new four-finger gesture that could be used to invoke Expose. It hadn't been clear if the four-finger gesture would be possible on existing multi-touch trackpads which have shipped in the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro since early 2008.
    madden
    madden
    Saiyan

Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through So Empty Re: Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through So

Post by madden Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:00 am

tiger
    tiger
    Saiyan

Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through So Empty Re: Original MacBook Air Capable of 4 Finger Gestures Through So

Post by tiger Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:12 pm

to bad it is a hack
    psp
    psp
    Saiyan

Post by psp Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:39 am

i really hope apple releases a software update for this
    tiger
    tiger
    Saiyan

Post by tiger Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 pm

i hope so too
    harry
    harry
    Saiyan

Post by harry Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:15 pm

me3
    ps3
    ps3
    Saiyan

Post by ps3 Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:44 am

i hope this happens soon
    macinBlack
    macinBlack
    Saiyan

Post by macinBlack Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:11 pm

it probably will

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 am