tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

3 posters

First Venture Capital Funded iPhone Apps

blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

First Venture Capital Funded iPhone Apps Empty First Venture Capital Funded iPhone Apps

Post by blade Tue May 27, 2008 4:58 pm

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/05/27/first-venture-captial-funded-iphone-apps-whrrl-icontrol/

When Apple announced the iPhone SDK and app store, they also announced a $100 million dollar "iFund" for developers. Out of the 1700 applicants, they have picked 2, and possible more.

One of them is called Whrrl:
    Say you're lost in Las Vegas and need a restaurant recommendation. With iPhone in hand, you can scan the locations of nearby restaurants, just Italian restaurants, or just those recommended by foodie friends. Or you could search for the highest-rated bars or kid-friendly activities recommended by friends from your social network. There's going to be a "what's going on around me right now" button, says Kleiner Perkins partner Matt Murphy. "You're always one button away from that immediate context."

The other application to receive funding is iControl, a home automation application that would allow you to remotely control devices in your house (such as lighting, air conditioning, etc..) through your iPhone.
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

First Venture Capital Funded iPhone Apps Empty Re: First Venture Capital Funded iPhone Apps

Post by beholland25 Tue May 27, 2008 10:49 pm

wow, that seems really awesome
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

First Venture Capital Funded iPhone Apps Empty Re: First Venture Capital Funded iPhone Apps

Post by blade Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 pm

yeah i know. can't wait
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Tue May 27, 2008 11:50 pm

now that looks cool
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by beholland25 Wed May 28, 2008 7:53 am

how far away do you think that will be?
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm

we should find out something on june 9th

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 am