tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

2 posters

Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements

blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements Empty Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements

Post by blade Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:01 pm

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/05/safari-to-get-javascript-speed-enhancements/

Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements 012912-squirrelfish-webkit-graph_400

The WebKit project announced this week a new and improved JavaScript interpreter, code-named SquirrelFish.

SquirrelFish promises 1.6 times faster JavaScript interpreting as compared to Webkit/Safari 3.1. This is accomplished by using "a register-based, direct-threaded, high-level bytecode engine" which aims to eliminate the overhead associated with traditional syntax tree walking interpreters like the one currently used in Safari 3.1.x.

The introduction of the open-source effort means the improvements will almost certainly be propagated into Apple's Safari web browser, however the timing is unknown.

Of note, Safari 3.1 saw dramatic speed improvements over 3.0.x, indicating Apple has been and continues to be actively engaged in Safari/WebKit JavaScript performance.
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements Empty Re: Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements

Post by krypto Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:35 pm

squirrelFish, sounds kinda weird; they could put this in the 10.5.4 update
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements Empty Re: Safari to Get JavaScript Speed Enhancements

Post by blade Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 pm

we'll see

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 pm