tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

3 posters

Two Weeks Later: Mobile Me's Uptime Calculated (96%)

twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Two Weeks Later: Mobile Me's Uptime Calculated (96%) Empty Two Weeks Later: Mobile Me's Uptime Calculated (96%)

Post by twoodcc Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/12/two-weeks-later-mobile-mes-uptime-calculated-96/

Two weeks after Apple announced that all MobileMe systems were up and operational after a rocky transition, there continue to be sporadic reports around the web of various service outages inclusive of a 4.5 hour mail outage yesterday. But has MobileMe gotten more reliable?

According to Apple's MobileMe status history, there have been approximately 13.5 hours of various downtime over the past two weeks (336 hours); that is, MobileMe has a 96% overall uptime over the past two weeks.

Determining whether 96% is good or bad can be subjective to the user. This editor and user of MobileMe has hardly been affected by the outages but other users may have been more affected by the timing or the content of the outages. In general we would consider a consumer-oriented service such as MobileMe to have an uptime of at least 98% which would effectively half the downtime that MobileMe currently experiences.

Walt Mossberg has expressed similar sentiments, saying that currently MobileMe is far too flawed to be reliable.

http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/system_status_history.html
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Two Weeks Later: Mobile Me's Uptime Calculated (96%) Empty Re: Two Weeks Later: Mobile Me's Uptime Calculated (96%)

Post by krypto Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:18 pm

mobleme could be better
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Two Weeks Later: Mobile Me's Uptime Calculated (96%) Empty Re: Two Weeks Later: Mobile Me's Uptime Calculated (96%)

Post by twoodcc Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:47 am

of course it could be better, but 96% uptime isn't that bad
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 pm

96% is very good
    macbook
    macbook
    Super Saiyan 2
    Super Saiyan 2

Post by macbook Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:05 pm

hopefully it will continue to go up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 pm