tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

2 posters

How to make three free pseudo-apps for your iPod, touch or i

krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

How to make three free pseudo-apps for your iPod, touch or i Empty How to make three free pseudo-apps for your iPod, touch or i

Post by krypto Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:52 pm

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/09/27/how-to-make-three-free-pseudo-apps-for-your-ipod-touch-or-iphon/
    Yes, you can roll up your own lighter app by videotaping a lighter. Yes, you can create a soundboard by recording noises and creating a playlist. And yes, coin-flipping apps are a dime a dozen since most of us have ready access to some form of coinage. Along these lines I'm going to show you how to create three "apps" using nothing but a Mac (or PC) and your iPhone, iPod (must be able to display photos) or iPod touch. The apps? A "mood lamp" (or color-changing night light), a futuristic medical scanner (aka Tricorder) and a simulated energy blaster (aka Phaser).

The gallery will walk you through the process step-by-step and on the next page I'll show you a video of these in action. Essentially I'm making playlists: one each for the futuristic devices (with only one "song" in a playlist, set to loop) and a looping slideshow for the mood lamp. Much easier than Xcode, I'm sure. Got a similar DIY trick for you machine? Let us know in the comments. No doubt there are much better ideas than mine!
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

How to make three free pseudo-apps for your iPod, touch or i Empty Re: How to make three free pseudo-apps for your iPod, touch or i

Post by twoodcc Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:02 pm

sounds like a gimmick to me
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

How to make three free pseudo-apps for your iPod, touch or i Empty Re: How to make three free pseudo-apps for your iPod, touch or i

Post by krypto Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:14 pm

yeah, it kinda does
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by twoodcc Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:53 am

you need to worry about real programming

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 pm