tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

5 posters

Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions

macbook
    macbook
    Super Saiyan 2
    Super Saiyan 2

Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions Empty Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions

Post by macbook Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:58 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643295

The Dallas Cowboys acquired wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions on Tuesday.

The Cowboys will give up a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '10.
    The Cowboys are negotiating a long-term deal with Williams, who can become a free agent after the season unless the team places the franchise tag on him, with owner Jerry Jones working on a contract extension that will keep Williams in Dallas through 2013.

The five-year deal hasn't been completed, but it should get done in the next couple days. Williams' agent, Ben Dogra of CAA, who was in flight after the trade was completed, will work with Jones over the next 24 to 48 hours to finalize the deal, which will pay in the $8.5 million to $9 million-a-year range, according to multiple sources
    "I'm more happy to be a Dallas Cowboy than when I got my first bike," said Williams, an Odessa, Texas, native who went to the University of Texas.

Jones believes Williams is a game-breaker who provides an immediate boost to a faltering offense without quarterback Tony Romo and views him as a potential long-term solution as the eventual replacement for aging Terrell Owens, according to another high-ranking Cowboys source.

The Lions had been demanding a first-round draft choice just to consider a deal.
    "We felt like right now that was the best thing for us to do as a football team. It gives us something for the future. You're looking at the possibility of having five of the first hundred [2009] picks," Lions general manager Martin Mayhew said. "It was a pragmatic business decision."
    venom
    venom
    Saiyan

Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions Empty Re: Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions

Post by venom Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:47 am

worried about TO getting old?
    dmxplosive
    dmxplosive
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions Empty Re: Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions

Post by dmxplosive Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:26 pm

just think about the cowboys with romo, TO, and now williams
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:09 am

i don't think he helped the cowboys this past weekend. he had 0 catches
    macbook
    macbook
    Super Saiyan 2
    Super Saiyan 2

Post by macbook Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm

he had a touchdown catch this past weekend
    unix
    Saiyan

Post by unix Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:07 pm

22:06 up 35 days, 9 mins, 3 users, load averages: 1.90 1.73 1.68

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:57 pm