tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

+3
Cinderella
batman
brisingr
7 posters

Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with sit

brisingr
    brisingr
    Apple I
    Apple I

Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with sit Empty Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with sit

Post by brisingr Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with situation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3658987

Doctors are aggressively fighting an infection in Tom Brady's surgically repaired left knee.

Brady recently acknowledged on his Web site that doctors went in "to clean and to test the wound" on Oct. 15 because of the infection. The New England Patriots quarterback has had two more similar procedures since then.

The story was first reported by the Boston Herald and confirmed by ESPN's Wendi Nix.

The Patriots, as an organization, are upset with the situation because they were clear that they wanted Brady's surgery done under the direction of doctors of their choosing in Boston, sources told ESPN.

Instead, Brady opted to have the surgery in California by a doctor his family preferred, and now there are major problems. Brady was supposed to be back in New England by now, but a timeline for his return remains unclear.

A person close to Brady told ESPN: "Tom is looking at months, not weeks, to fix this."

According to the Herald, Brady is on a six-week course of intravenously administered antibiotics, and is still having follow-up exams at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, where the surgery took place.

If the infection is not brought under control, the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady's anterior cruciate ligament could become compromised, according to the Herald's report. If that happens, he will have to undergo another surgery on the ACL. That would reset the clock on his rehabilitation.

Brady had surgery on Oct. 6 -- 29 days after he was injured in the Patriots' season opener -- on a hit by Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard. Brady reportedly tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in the knee.

New England Patriots spokesman Stacey James said Wednesday the team would let Brady comment on the status of his injury.
    batman
    batman
    Saiyan

Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with sit Empty Re: Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with sit

Post by batman Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:35 am

now this is not good at all
    Cinderella
    Regular

Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with sit Empty Re: Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with sit

Post by Cinderella Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 am

yeah thats really bad. infections are painful and they can spread quickly. i hope they can get it fixed.
    aquaman
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by aquaman Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:16 pm

this will also make his recovery take even longer. let's hope he is able to recover and come back next year
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by twoodcc Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:27 pm

this is not good for brady
    unix
    Saiyan

Post by unix Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 pm

22:06 up 35 days, 9 mins, 3 users, load averages: 1.91 1.73 1.68
    ac/dc
    ac/dc
    Saiyan

Post by ac/dc Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:05 pm

i hope this gets straightned out
    brisingr
    brisingr
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by brisingr Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:55 am

yeah me too. the patriots are really missing him now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:08 am