tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

3 posters

September Event to Introduce iPod Updates and More?

twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

September Event to Introduce iPod Updates and More? Empty September Event to Introduce iPod Updates and More?

Post by twoodcc Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:54 am

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/12/september-event-to-introduce-ipod-updates-and-more/

Last week an analyst report speculated that Apple would hold some sort of media event this September to refresh the iPod line as well as long awaited updates to both the MacBook and MacBook Pro lines.

While the report appeared to be mostly speculative, Apple has been predictably updating their iPods in September for the past couple of years. Combined with circulating rumors of iPod revisions and the end of the Back to School promo, it seems probable that late September will bring us new Apple products.

While rumors have primarily focused on new iPod nanos, we've heard whispers that an iPod Touch update is also likely in the same timeframe.

Given the likelihood of updates, readers should be cautious about buying a new Apple notebook or iPod at this time.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/08/06/apple_poised_for_special_event_this_september.html
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

September Event to Introduce iPod Updates and More? Empty Re: September Event to Introduce iPod Updates and More?

Post by beholland25 Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am

sounds cool....i am sure there will be some good updates cat
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

September Event to Introduce iPod Updates and More? Empty Re: September Event to Introduce iPod Updates and More?

Post by twoodcc Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:49 am

i am looking forward to this. we have to wait and see when apple officially announces the event
    biznaz

Post by biznaz Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:49 am

i dont understand why they think that coming out with a new notebook in september is a good idea
    its just incredibly un-loyal to the customer. every kid going to college has already purchased their new
    computer and now for them to come out with a new one right when we leave is very wrong of them since
    they are promoting back to school offers like its nobodys business.
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by twoodcc Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:04 pm

you do have a point. but i guess that's how they get rid of the current stock, at discounted prices with free ipod touches and printers, so then they can bring in the new ones
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by beholland25 Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:55 am

yeah thats a good point. its all in the marketing strategy. but i do see how it is very unfair to those who just bought their new computers and got their ipods.
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by twoodcc Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:57 pm

yes it is. that's why i buy my macs at the start of the back-to-school thing Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:03 pm