tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

+2
krypto
macbook
6 posters

Armstrong to come out of retirement

macbook
    macbook
    Super Saiyan 2
    Super Saiyan 2

Armstrong to come out of retirement Empty Armstrong to come out of retirement

Post by macbook Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=3576014

Seven-time champion Lance Armstrong will come out of retirement and compete in next year's Tour de France, VeloNews reported Monday, citing sources close to the situation.

Armstrong, who will turn 37 on Sept. 18, will join the Astana team and compete in five road races, the sources told VeloNews.

He will compete in the Amgen Tour of California, Paris-Nice, the Tour de Georgia, the Dauphine-Libere and the Tour de France. The sources told VeloNews that Armstrong will receive no salary or bonuses.

Armstrong's manager, Mark Higgins, would not comment.

Sources told VeloNews that Armstrong's comeback will be the focal point of a story in the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair, to be published later this month.

Armstrong, who overcame testicular cancer he was diagnosed with in 1996 en route to his string of Tour de France triumphs, has remained active in the three years since his retirement.

In August he raced in the Leadville Trail 100, a 100-mile mountain bike race through the Colorado Rockies, finishing a close second to the six-time defending champion, Dave Wiens. It's the country's highest-altitude bicycle race.

Armstrong has also run the New York and Boston marathons and was set last month to run the Chicago Marathon in October.
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Armstrong to come out of retirement Empty Re: Armstrong to come out of retirement

Post by krypto Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:40 am

dang, this is huge, i wonder how he'll do
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Armstrong to come out of retirement Empty Re: Armstrong to come out of retirement

Post by blade Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:44 pm

i think this might be a bad move for him
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14 pm

i don't know, apparently he's tired of running marathons, but this is very interesting though
    dmxplosive
    dmxplosive
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by dmxplosive Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:10 am

well, he wasn't very good at running, so i guess he's back to the bike
    twoodcc
    twoodcc
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by twoodcc Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:29 pm

i guess so. i don't think he will win this time
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by beholland25 Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:06 am

i dont know if he will win or not, i imagine it would be alot harder to win this time. i guess he just got bored at home.
    dmxplosive
    dmxplosive
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by dmxplosive Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:08 pm

if he does win, i really think people will think he's on something this time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:16 pm