tmac

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tmac

Mac community

4 posters

Steve Jobs in good health following second surgery - report

krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Steve Jobs in good health following second surgery - report Empty Steve Jobs in good health following second surgery - report

Post by krypto Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 pm

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/07/23/steve_jobs_in_good_health_following_second_surgery_report.html

Steve Jobs is reassuring some of his closest associates that rumors of his health are greatly exaggerated, but is telling those same people that he underwent a procedure this year related to his weight loss, the New York Times is reporting.

"[In] recent weeks, Mr. Jobs has reassured several people that he is doing well and that four years after a successful operation to treat a rare form of pancreatic cancer, he is cancer free," the paper said.

However, the Apple chief executive has reportedly admitted to some of those people that he had a surgical procedure earlier this year to address an issue that was causing him to lose weight.

More specifically, the Times cites unnamed sources who say Jobs has been battling a nutritional problem in the wake of his surgery, which medical descriptions say may lead to weight and energy loss.

Jobs's health has been a renewed focus as of late, particularly on Wall Street, with fund managers and other large Apple investors expressing concern that the company co-founder's cancer may have recently returned.

Much of that fear stemmed from Jobs' gaunt appearance during Apple's developers conference last month and at other recent engagements related to the launch of his firm's new iPhone 3G handset.

Immediately following the conference, an Apple spokesperson said that a "common bug" had left Jobs feeling a little under the weather, but that he was taking antibiotics for treatment.

In its report Wednesday, the Times cited an industry executive who said Jobs ran a high fever in the week leading up to the developers conference and had considered canceling his appearance due to the illness. Ultimately, the chief executive decided to make good on his long-standing commitment to Apple's faithful and personally take the wraps off the company's second-generation mobile handset.

Uncertainty over Jobs's condition came to a head earlier this week when speculative news reports compelled Lehman Brothers analyst Ben Reitzes to respectfully ask Apple chief financial officer Peter Oppenheimer to make an official statement on the matter during the company's quarterly conference call.

"Ben, Steve loves Apple," Oppenheimer said. "He serves as the CEO at the pleasure of Apple’s Board and has no plans to leave Apple. Steve’s health is a private matter."

In the two hours surrounding the call, shares of Apple tumbled more than 10 percent. There's a debate, however, about how much of an impact Jobs' health had on the decline, given that Oppenheimer's comments, or lack thereof, on the matter came around the same time he braced analysts for significant declines in the company's gross margin through fiscal 2009.

Jobs, who is keeping his own counsel on the issue of a successor should he ever have to leave the company, is said to have taken a well-deserved vacation this week.
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Steve Jobs in good health following second surgery - report Empty Re: Steve Jobs in good health following second surgery - report

Post by blade Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 pm

i'm sure he'll be fine
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Steve Jobs in good health following second surgery - report Empty Re: Steve Jobs in good health following second surgery - report

Post by krypto Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 pm

me2, i hope nothing happens to him
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:17 pm

i hope not. but he will leave sooner or later
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:35 pm

yeah, he can't be apple's CEO forever
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:42 pm

that's right. i'm sure he'll pick someone good to take his place
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by beholland25 Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 pm

I am glad that he is ok and the cancer is gone. Sounds like he is doing good. I am pretty sure they would have someone great to take his place.
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 pm

yeah, me2, i think it'll be while before then
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 pm

you never know. hopefully at least a few years
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:24 pm

yeah, that's right, you just never know, but I hope it'll be a while
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm

well, he's getting close to 60
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by beholland25 Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:16 pm

oh wow already 60...your dad is 60 but i am sure his clock will tick for awhile.
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:58 pm

i don't think he's 60 quite yet
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:46 pm

he's 53
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:34 am

are you sure about that? i thought he was 53 last year
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:37 am

that's what his wiki says
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:19 pm

what wiki?
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:28 pm

you know wikipedia page
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:42 pm

link?
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:49 pm

blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 am

oh ok
    dmxplosive
    dmxplosive
    Super Saiyan 3
    Super Saiyan 3

Post by dmxplosive Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 pm

i really think he'll be fine and at apple for at least another 5 years
    beholland25
    beholland25
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by beholland25 Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:25 pm

yeah i would think thats safe to believe.
    blade
    blade
    Apple I
    Apple I

Post by blade Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 pm

yeah, and hopefully longer than 5 years
    krypto
    krypto
    Super Saiyan 4
    Super Saiyan 4

Post by krypto Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:40 pm

yeah, i hope so 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm